Cookies are tiny text
files stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages. Cookies enable
us to ‘know’ if you have visited our site before, and recall some of the
preferences you have set in past visits, in order that we may make your visit
more productive. At sureflap.co.uk we
your account settings when you log in to your SureFlap account.
To order products on
sureflap.co.uk you need to have cookies enabled. Most
web browsers have cookies enabled by default, but please visit www.aboutcookies.org for detailed
instructions on editing or deleting cookies.
Please note that cookies
do not harm your computer and we do not store any personally identifiable
information in the cookies we create.
We use a web
analytics tool (Google Analytics) to analyse site usage in order to improve our
website. The cookies set by Google
Analytics collect data including, how our users arrive at our site, which pages
they visit, what browser they are using and on what operating system etc. However, this analytics data does not contain
any personally identifiable information.
you choose to share sureflap.co.uk content with friends via social networks
such as Facebook and Twitter, or access embedded video content on YouTube you
may be sent cookies from these websites.
We do not control the setting of these cookies, so please check the
third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage
A full list of the
cookies used on our site and their purpose can be found in the section below.
Currently we operate
an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with the
usage of cookies on our website. If you do
not want cookies to be set on your computer, you should either not use this
site, delete SureFlap cookies having visited the site, or browse the site using
your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome,
“InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, "Private Browsing" in Firefox and
Should you have any
1. SureFlap Ltd complies with the principles of the Data
Protection Act 1998 when dealing with all data received from visitors to
2. We do not store or process any customer financial data. All financial data are processed and stored by Paypal or Sage Pay.
3. We only hold the data necessary to offer services provided on our website.
4. Data is only used for the purposes described in our entry on the Data Protection Register.
5. We only hold personal data for as long as necessary. Once data is no longer needed it is deleted from our files.
6. For administrative reasons data may be passed to and
stored securely with third party service providers located outside the
EEA (European Economic Area).
7. We occasionally email website news and information updates
to those customers who have specifically subscribed to our email
service. All subscription emails sent by us contain clear information
on how to unsubscribe from our email service.
8. We never sell, rent or exchange mailing lists.
9. We may however share commercial and technical data with
our partners where a customer has accessed and used our website via a
site belonging to one of our partners. However, such information will
also be subject to our partners’ privacy policies.
10. If you subscribe to our email service via a partner site,
that partner may wish to send you details via email of other products
and services, which may be of interest to you. However when you
subscribe directly to our email service you will be asked whether or not
you wish to receive such emails.
12. In accordance with the Privacy and Electronic
Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, we never send bulk
unsolicited emails, (popularly known as Spam) to email addresses.
13. We may send emails to existing customers or prospective
customers who have enquired or registered with us, regarding products or
services directly provided by us.
14. All emails sent by us will be clearly marked as
originating from us. All such emails will also include clear
instructions on how unsubscribe from our email service and any future
emails. Such instructions will either include a link to a page to
unsubscribe or a valid email address to which you should reply, with
“unsubscribe” as the email subject heading.